Precautionary Measures for COVID-19
The health and well-being of our guests and employees are of paramount importance. With the ongoing development of COVID-19, we are closely monitoring the World Health Organization’s statements regarding COVID-19 and following guidelines from them and the local health departments.
Two MacDonnell Road has implemented a series of precautionary measures to ensure a healthy and safe environment for all:
“Vaccine Pass” Arrangement
According to the HKSAR government, effective from 12 August 2022, the following updated “Vaccine Pass” arrangements will be in force at the Hotel Premises:
- All hotel guests, restaurant patrons and visitors must have body temperatures taken upon entering hotel premise on G/F. Temperature must be lower than 37.5C (WHO standard)
- All hotel guests, restaurant patrons and visitors entering the premise must wear face masks in public areas at all times (restaurant patrons may take off face mask when dining in the restaurant)
- All guests must have received at least three doses of COVID-19 vaccine in order to enter the Hotel gym and café bar on 8.
- All guests must scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” venue QR code using the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile application on their mobile phones/other mobile devices before entering the Hotel gym premises and “café bar on 8”. During the four-day medical surveillance period, inbound persons from overseas places , they will be subject to Amber Code restrictions under the Vaccine Pass. They cannot enter “café bar on 8” and Hotel gym under premises where required to use the QR Code Verification Scanner and is regulated under Cap. 599F.
- Vaccination record must be presented upon arrival (the Hotel gym premises and “café bar on 8”) and only allow Guests to be exempted from the vaccination requirement under the following two conditions:
– Not eligible for vaccination due to age
– Has been certified by a doctor as unsuitable for vaccination due to health reason(s)
Enhanced Hygienic Practices
- All guests and visitors are requested to have body temperature check upon entering the Property premises
- All check-in guests and visitors are required to fill in the Health Declaration Form which includes the requirement to provide past travel records within the last 14 days
- All guests and visitors are advised to apply clinically certified hand sanitizer that is installed at the lobby
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of public areas such as lifts, door handles, telephones, washrooms and lobby
- Hotel’s public areas, high touch points and “café bar on 8” are disinfected and coated with CoviX101 nanoscale technology. The CoviX101 technology contains positively charged spikes that attract and immediately destroy bacteria, viruses and pathogens.
- All employees must measure their body temperature every day
- All employees are required to wear surgical masks during their duties
- Concierge and Housekeeping team who have access to guest rooms and in contact with guests’ belongings are required to wear gloves
- Our team are having ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols in response to the latest development of the outbreak
- Personal protective equipment and gear are in place to protect our team in handling suspected cases
- Maintenance and preventive work are in place to ensure good ventilation and maintain a safe and comfortable living environment within the premises
- Operation teams are briefed and are vigilant in looking out for any individual that is unwell
Flexibility is extended to bookings that are affected by the outbreak. If you need to make or adjust a reservation, please contact our Sales Team for details.
Tel: +852 2132 2132
For the most updated information, please refer to the Centre for Health Protection of Hong Kong or your local health authority.